Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chapter 26 dialog


---CHAPTER 26 dialog---
"Darius? I thought you were dead."
Darius turned to the voice, and flashed his usual grin. "Hah! Who'd want to kill a guy with a pretty face like mine?"
"Lots of people."
The retort made Darius instantly drop his cheesy grin.
"Is that Caldon? Now I see how you managed to survive, Darius."
Caldon said nothing, merely nodded in acknowledgement.

"Who's the new guy?" _____ said, nodding his head toward their third companion.
It was Caldon who spoke first. "His name is Arik. He saved our asses when we were in a pinch."
"Can you vouch for him?"
"Aye."
"Alright then. His ass is on your head. He screws up, I'm holding you personally responsible, got it?"
"Yes, sir."
"Somehow the Castle city was attacked down south, and it has the royal guard stirred up like a hornets nest. They've been arresting fighters left and right. We need every able body we can get right now."

"Your recruit, he's pretty good with a sword."
"Other than that, he's pretty much shit."

No comments:

Post a Comment