Friday, September 25, 2009

"Sometimes an unfinished thing has more power than that which has come to completion.
But often closure brings more peace than an endless paradise."

I am a creature of strange obsessions.
I don't know where this story is going. It unfurls before my eyes just as confusingly as it is unfurled before you.
I do know that I am at a crossroads in my life.
I've been here before - several times.

The first time, I chose to take the path less traveled. In the end, it was merely a roundabout, leading me back to the crossroads, and the decision.
Again, I took a path - this time the high road. After traveling on it for several years, I came across a familiar crossroads. I realized I had come full circle after three years of college to wind up where I had begun.

So I sat down. For two years, I sat there. Ignoring the decision. Ignoring the road, ignoring the problem.

Now after all this time, I'm looking up, and the crossroads is still there.
Only thing is - I can't verbalize what it is I am looking at. I don't know what the decision is - beyond what do I do with my life.

I don't know.
Truly I don't.
But I know now, after all this traveling, I know more about myself.
That surely must mean something.
Perhaps I'm ready to make a decision. I'm certainly tired of sitting here.

Well, in any case, I need to get going. And I don't get going somewhere when I have two feet firmly planted in front of a chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment